Mocha Meringue Pie
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kahlua/Other coffee-flavored liqueur||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl dissolve yeast in warm water alogn with sugar and keep it aside.
3. Take a shortening in another bowl and add warm water to it. Stir the mixture till the shortening dissolves. Consequently go on adding cold water, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, yeast mixture and flour. Mix all these ingredients properly.
4. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for about a day.
5. After a take out dough and spread the dough on lightly floured surface and knead them for sometime say 3-5 minutes.
6. Mould the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and dunk them in melted butter. Arrange these butter dipped dough balls on greased baking sheets.
7. Store this dough in warm place (85) for about an hour and allow it to double in bulk.
8. Bake the dough at 400 F for about 12-15 minutes.
9. Serve as required.