|Scallions||3⁄4 Pound, prepared for cooking and coarsely chopped (3 Bunches, Include Tops)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoned mashed potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Hot)|
1. In a saucepan, cover the scallions with water, and add salt.
2. Cover the pan with a lid and boil the scallions for 4 to 5 minutes until they are soft.
3. Drain the cooking liquid and add onions to potatoes in a large mixing bowl
4. Use a fork to mash and blend the scallions into the potato mash.
5. Spoon the mash into a warm vegetable dish,
6. Dot generously with butter and serve warm
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 270.6 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 91.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet