Armenian Zucchini Custard
|Zucchini||2 Pound, scrubbed and coarsely grated|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole with butter.
3. In a large skillet or a wok, heat the oil over a moderate flame.
4. Add the zucchini, onion, and garlic together and sauté for 10 minutes until zucchini is tender.
5. Add herbs and seasonings.
6. Take pan off the heat.
7. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork or whisk until thick and frothy
8. Blend in the flour and parmesan.
9. Add the eggs to the zucchini mixture and lightly fold in.
10. Turn into the casserole and place in the preheated oven on a middle level.
11. Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours puffed and set.
12. Take the casserole straight from the oven to the table.
13. Serve the soufflé hot.