Salmon Asparagus Crepes with Swiss Cheese Sauce
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillet||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces to make 2 1/2 cups|
|Swiss cheese sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice into a large, straight-sided skillet or shallow saucepan. Add water, salt, and peppercorns and bringtoa boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add salmon and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate; flake with a fork.
2. Heat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
3. Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until liquid evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
4. Add 1 cup of the cheese sauce to asparagus and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gently stir in the salmon. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Set crepes on a flat surface. Spoon 1/3 cup salmon mixture on each crepe and roll up; set, seam-side down, in baking dish. Cover top of crepes with remaining sauce and bake until sauce is bubbling and edges are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.