Baked Pasta With Ham And Swiss Chard
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon, divided (Plus More For Baking Dish)|
|Low carb penne/Rotini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Swiss chard||1⁄2 Pound, leaves cut into thin strips and stems chopped|
|Leeks||2 Medium, rinsed thoroughly, halved, and thinly sliced to make 1 cup (White Part Only)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Starch powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Jarlsberg cheese||6 Ounce, grated to make 1/3 cup|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ham||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Low carb bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter a 7 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in Swiss chard, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Whisk together cream, water, and thickener in a large saucepan. Set over medium heat and cook, whisking occasionally, until mixture simmers and thickens, 5 minutes. Add Jarlsberg and Parmesan cheeses; stir until blended. Stir in mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
4. Add vegetables, pasta, and ham to cheese sauce and stir to combine. Transfer to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes.
5. Melt remaining tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and cook until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Uncover pasta, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and bake until golden and bubbly, about 5 minutes longer.