Dutch Apple Pie
|Cooking apples||8 Ounce, peeled and cored (225 Gram)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Natural yoghurt||5 Ounce (150 Gram Carton)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|For spicy topping|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Place the pastry lined flan tin on a baking sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F, 200°C
3. Dice the apples and keep aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ingredients for spicy topping. Rub the flour with the butter till it resembles cake crumbs.
5. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour with salt. Add sugar and nutmeg.
6. Add egg and yogurt and whisk to a smooth batter.
7. Stir in the essence.
8. Add chopped apples to the batter and mix in.
9. Pour the prepared filling into the pastry lined flan tin and spread evenly to cover the sides.
10. Place baking sheet with the flan dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, 180°C and continue baking for another 30 minutes till the filling is set and golden brown.
12. Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the crumbed spicy topping mixture to cover the pie.
13. Return the pie to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes
14. Remove pie from the oven and cool slightly
15. 12. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg17.9%
Sodium 185.5 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet