2) In a shallow 2 pint glass or ceramic baking dish, toss plums with half of their juice. Drizzle granulated sugar on top.
3) In a medium bowl, sift flour and spice. With fingertips, blend in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Stir in oats and 2oz. sugar. Mix well.
5) Spread the mixture over plums but don't press the mixture down tightly. Drizzle the remaining sugar on top.
6) Bake crumble in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or till plums are tender and topping is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.