Store Cupboard Casserole
|Spaghetti sauce mix||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Packet)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked canned ham||1 Pound, diced (1 Can)|
|Canned corn||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Instant mashed potato||5 Ounce (1 Packet)|
1) Prepare the sauce with spaghetti mix and tomatoes following the instructions in the packet.
2) Alternatively, you may prepare the sauce by frying chopped onions in oil until tender.
3) Add tomatoes and sprinkle herbs, let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add ham in the sauce and drizzle some jelly from the can.
5) Mix in corn and pepper.
6) Take an oven-proof dish and pour the ham with the sauce in it.
7) Prepare the mashed potato according to the instructions in the packet along with some milk to make it soft.
8) Spread the mashed potato over the tomato mix.
9) Bake in moderately hot oven at 400 degree F and Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes.
10) Garnish with some grated cheese and pepper (optional) and serve hot.
Don't add too much jelly or the sauce will be too thin.