DUTCH BEAN SOUP
|Dried lima beans||8 Ounce|
|Mealies/1 tin corn||3|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 , cut fine|
|Turnip||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak beans overnight.
2. Grate corn off the cob if using fresh corn.
3. In a pan, take soaked beans.
4. Add vegetables and water. Simmer on a very low flame for around 1 hour or until beans become tender.
5. In a bowl, mix flour and milk. Beat it well till it is of a smooth consistency.
6. Add it to the soup, stir it continuously. Add seasoning.
7. Simmer for another 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
8. Serve Dutch Bean Soup with toasted bread crumbs.