Butter Chicken Kiev
|Chicken breasts||4 , split|
|Hard butter||1⁄4 Pound|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Minced chives/Scallions||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Seasoned coating mix for chicken||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) From the chicken breasts, remove the skin, bones and cartilage.
3) Place the cleaned chicken between sheets of waxed paper. Pound till the chicken is about 1/8-inch thick, all the time taking care not to make any holes in the meat.
4) Cut the butter into 8 finger shapes. On each piece of chicken, place 1 butter slice neat the end.
5) Sprinkle each piece with parsley, chives and lemon juice. Roll each piece, folding the end in so that the butter is totally enclosed. Secure pieces with wooden toothpicks. Trim the ends of the picks.
6) Beat an egg slightly with water and dip the chicken rolls into the mixture, one at a time. Then coat the rolls with seasoned coating mix as per the directions of the package.
7) In an ungreased shallow baking pan, place the rolls with the seam side down.
8) Bake for about 25 minutes, or till rolls are well browned, at 450-degrees. Drain on absorbent paper.
9) Serve hot.