|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gumdrops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Beat the eggs to turn foamy. Slowly add in sugar and beat continuously till the mixture turns smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. Sieve flour with salt and add to the egg mixture and blend thoroughly.
4. Stir in gum drops and almonds.
5. Take a 9” greased floured square pan and spread in the mixture.
6. Top with the extra gumdrops cut up.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
8. Cut into squares when warm and allow to cool in the pan.
9. Serve after cooling.
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 295 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 63.6 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.9% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet