Wagon Wheel Skillet
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chives||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen brussels sprouts||40 Ounce (4 Packages)|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||20 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Tomatoes||6 , cut into wedges|
1. In a large skillet, add butter and melt over a medium flame.
2. Sauté garlic, chives and pepper in the butter for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and stir well.
4. Arrange vegetables in circles, starting from out to the center. First arrange Brussels sprouts followed by corn then tomatoes ending in Brussels sprouts.
5. Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet and simmer the vegetables for 25 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are tender crisp.
6. Serve the vegetables with your main course.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.4 mg3.8%
Sodium 70.7 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C 216%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet