Nectar Mince Pie
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F
2) Take a large mixing bowl and whip together sugar and butter. Stir in molasses and salt.
3) Next, mix eggs in the above mixture, adding one egg at a time and beating generously after each inclusion.
4) Further, mix raisins, nuts, orange rind and mincemeat. Stir well.
5) Now, divide the pastry into two halves and roll out one half on a floured surface, to fit loosely into a 9-inch pie plate.
6) Place the rolled out crust on the 9 inch plate and pour the filling on it.
7) Further, on the floured surface roll out the remaining half of pastry and cut it out into couple of pumpkin shapes.
8) Put these shapes over the pie and on top of the filling.
9) Lastly, place the pie pan in the preheated hot oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until pie is slightly tanned.
10) Allow the pie to cool down before serving.