Beef Stroganoff Using White Wine
|Beef fillet/Sirloin||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Take the beef and slice it into very thin strips.
2) Take a cast iron frying pan and melt 4 tablespoons of butter after adding a tablespoon of oil in it.
3) Sear the thin slices of beef on both the sides placing it in hot fat for a minute.
4) Remove the meat and keep aside on a warm plate.
5) Add the rest of the oil and buter to the frying pan and cook a chopped onion init for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6) Simmer it after adding lemon juice, sour cream and wine, stirring it all the time.
7) Top the beef slices with the hot gravy before adding the seasoning of salt and pepper.
8) Garnish the slices of beef with chervil or minced parsley and serve with boiled rice.
Calories 804 Calories from Fat 629
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.7%
Saturated Fat 33.1 g165.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.4 mg65.8%
Sodium 258.5 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 36 g71.1%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet