|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
1) Heat oil in heavy pot to 365°F, 5 minutes prior to frying.
2) In a clean bowl, whisk whole eggs and egg yolks until soft and fluffy.
3) Blend in butter, brandy, sugar, and lemon rind and beat well.
4) Fold in the flour gently.
5) On a lightly floured surface, mix the batter with soft hands to form a dough. Chill the dough.
6) Roll the chilled dough out on a floured counter to the thinnest possible measurement. Now, cut the dough into thin strips that are 1 inch wide and 2 inches long.
7) Use a knife to cut a 1/2" slash in the middle of each strip and twist one corner up through the center slash to make a knot.
8) Now, take a heavy pot and add oil in it. Fry the cookies in hot oil (365°F) until golden, turning occasionally.
9) Remove and drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
10) Serve warm and garnish with vanilla sugar, if desired
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.8 mg68.9%
Sodium 40.2 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet