Polish Cucumber Soup
|Beet||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Commercial Type)|
|Consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Minced fennel/Dill||1 Tablespoon|
1. Finely chop the beet tops after washing them properly.
2. Peel and finely chop the cucumbers.
3. Take a saucepan and place the chopped beet tops in it along with cold water.
4. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat by stirring it only once.
5. Drain the water and cool.
6. Add 2 cups of the finely chopped cucumber to the cooled beet tops.
7. Take a bowl and mix the consommé and sour cream in it.
8. Add the cucumber mixture to it and season with salt and pepper.
9. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
10. Chill it for 3-5 hours.
11. Serve the soup in cups after stirring it.
12. You can add chive, fennel, dill or parsley to it.
13. Garnish with cucumber or tiny shrimps