Orange Apple Crisp
|Thinly sliced peeled cooking apples||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°.
2) Take a pie plate, 9 inch in size and grease it before placing the apples in it.
3) Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg on the apples.
4) Water the orange juice to make it equal to a cup and pour it over the apples.
5) Mix the sugar and flour thoroughly and cut butter into the mixture with the help of a pastry blender until the mixture looks similar to a coarse meal.
6) Add the orange rind to it and mix it well before sprinkling over the apple mixture.
7) Bake the mixture by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes.
8) Top with whipped cream or ice cream before spooning the dessert into serving bowls.