Chocolate Meringue Torte
|Chocolate||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Soda crackers||10 , crushed|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Keep chocolate above hot water and melt it.
3. Beat egg whites to a stiff form, avoiding drying. Slowly add sugar and beat till stiff peaks form. Add vanilla, cracker crumbs and chocolate steadily into the mixture.
4. Using a heavy brown paper cover the cookie sheet. Arrange the mixture in two circles of 8 inches and bake for about 12 minutes.
5. Cool well, moisten the brown paper bottom to remove the paper from cake.
6. Add ice cream between the cake layers as well as for topping and serve.