|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tart apples||6 , peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a baking pan with oil or butter.
3. In a bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, apple, spice, raisins and nuts. Keep aside
4. Dust a large work table, with flour.
5. Roll out strudel dough into a large oblong.
6. Stretch the dough to maximum, reaching under the dough with both your palms, until it is transparent. Be careful not to tear it while stretching.
7. Cut off the thick edges.
8. Brush the dough with melted butter.
9. Spread prepared filling over about 2/3 of the dough.
10. Tightly roll strudel, starting with end covered with filling.
11. Carefully transfer the strudel onto the greased baking pan.
12. Brush with melted butter.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until browned.
14. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
15. Dust the strudel generously with confectioners' sugar using a tea strainer.