Vegan Shepherd's Pie
|Vegan butter||1 Tablespoon (earth balance)|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Celery stalks||3 Small, dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Soy crumbles||1 Pound (Boca or light life)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegan worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Veggie broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs) (carrots and peas)|
|Mashed potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (roasted-garlic mashed potatoes)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. Dice the onions, celery, mince the garlic and rosemary, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
3. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, diced celery stalks, minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
4. Add carrot and peas mix and cook until vegetables are softened for about 8-10 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or dried, stir, and then add meat-alternative, season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook for a couple of minutes, stir in tomato paste, vegan worcestershire sauce and veggie broth.
7. When most of the liquid has cooked off, spoon the mixture into a 13x9 casserole dish and top with the prepared roasted-garlic mashed potatoes and spread it evenly.
8. Garnish with paprika and nutritional yeast.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the potato topping looks golden brown.
10. Serve the vegan Shepard’s pie hot along with gravy.
13x9 casserole dish
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 696.1 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 82.6% Vitamin C 94.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet