1) Preheat the oven to 275°F
2) Finely chop the walnuts
3) Take a clean bowl and beat egg whites together with cream of tartar and salt, until the mixture form soft peaks.
4) Gradually add sugar, only 2 tablespoons at a time and continue beating the mixture, till the meringue stands up in stiff glossy peaks.
5) To this mixture add cinnamon and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and mix gently.
6) Gently add the chopped walnuts to meringue.
7) Now, take a 9 or 10 inch pie plate and spread the meringue on it. Spread the mixture evenly on the sides and bottom of the plate, and make sure that the bottom shell is around 1/4 inch thick and the sides are 1 inch thick.
8) Place the pie plate in the slow oven, preheated to 275°F and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
9) Allow the crust to cool down before serving.