|Squabs||6 , cleaned and trussed for roasting|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Sauterne||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Rub the squabs with softened butter and powder with a rosemary-pepper-salt mixture. Use celery tops as stuffing.
3. Take a shallow baking dish, make a garlic-celery-onion layer and pour over the sauterne.
4. Keep in the oven and roast for about half an hour or till the mixture is tender and done thoroughly.
5. Keep basting with wine once in 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
1. Keep one squab each for a person.