Apple Cranberry Crisp
|Apples||3 Large, cored and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Old-Fashioned)|
|Dried cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sliced apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, orange oil, 1 tablespoon flour and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
3. Transfer apple mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour apple cider over top of mixture.
4. In a medium bowl combine remaining brown sugar, remaining flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or fork, mix until topping appears crumbly.
5. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture in baking dish.
6. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until top is browned and apples are tender.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature
* This dish tastes great with homemade whipped cream or organic vanilla ice cream! Mmmmm....