|Spelt flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Potatoes||6 Medium (Boiled and mashed)|
|Feta cheese/Cheese whiz||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For seasoning)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For sauteeing)|
1. Take a mixing bowl and add spelt flour, water and egg. Mix it well with the help of a fork till you get a rough dough. Then knead it using your hand on a solid surface till you get a smooth dough.
2. Roll out the dough till its 1/8 of an inch thick. This would make the wrap of the perogies.
3. In a bowl mix the boiled and mashed potatoes, feta cheese and salt.
4. Take a cutting glass and cut the dough sheet into round shapes, place the potato mix in the center, leaving about a centimeter around the edges so that you can crimp them shut.
5. In a pan saute the onions in butter for 5 to 8 minutes on medium heat until golden brown.
5. In a large pot boil water, put in the perogies and cook them till they float on top.
6. The perogies are usually baked or fried after boiling and are served as an appetizer or as a dessert with apple sauce or maple syrup.