Apple Sauce Irish Soda Bread
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Mott'S Natural)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. In small bowl, combine buttermilk, apple sauce and margarine.
4. Add apple sauce mixture to flour mixture; stir until mixture forms a ball.
5. Turn out dough onto well-floured surface; knead raisins into dough. Pat into 7-inch round.
6. Place dough in prepared pan. Cut cross in top of dough, 1/4 inch deep, with tip of sharp knife. Brush top of dough with milk.
7. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; turn right side up. Cool completely. Cut into 16 wedges.