Paper Doll Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Use 2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Royal frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Food coloring||6 Drop (3 Drops Each Of Red, Green, Blue And Yellow)|
|Red hots||2 Tablespoon|
|Silver dragees||1 Tablespoon|
|Multi colored sprinkles||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cream the butter or margarine till smooth in medium-size bowl; gradually add sugar, creaming after each addition, until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla; add flour and salt; blend well to make a stiff dough; chill 2 to 3 hours, or until firm enough to roll easily.
3. Roll out the chilled dough, one-quarter at a time, 1/8 inch thick, on floured small cookie sheet (keep unused dough chilled); cut around paper-doll patterns (cut from child's paper-doll book) with sharp knife to make 2 dolls; remove dough trimmings; repeat to make 6 dolls in all.
4. Roll out remaining dough and trimmings 1/8 inch thick on floured pastry cloth or board; cut around paper-doll dresses in the same way to make 6 dresses; transfer with a pancake turner to a cookie sheet.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes, or till golden-brown; cool slightly, then carefully remove with pancake turner; cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
6. Divide Royal Frosting among five custard cups; leave one plain; tint remaining with food colorings; decorate dolls and dresses with frosting put through cake-decorating set and with cinnamon and silver candies and sprinkles; follow designs on patterns cut from a book or any way you wish. Spread the underside of the dress cookies with frosting; place on doll cookies; let set to harden.