Junket Or Rennet Dessert
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat the milk to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve the rennet tablet in the cold water and stir it into the warm milk.
3. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then pour it into a small dessert bowl or into 4 custard cups.
4. Let stand in a warm, not hot, place until the pudding begins to set; then chill it.
5. Serve with any desired fresh fruit such as strawberries, pineapple, peaches or bananas. Or top with whipped cream; or sprinkle with nuts. Sprinkle a few grains of grated nutmeg on each serving as another flavor variation.