Prune Pudding Norwegian
|Dried prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the prunes and let them soak 1 hour or longer in 1 3/4 cups of water. Then cook them 15 minutes in the same water.
2. Drain, reserving the liquid. Remove the prune pits, crack them, chop the kernels and add with the chopped prunes to the prune liquid.
3. Mix the sugar, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon with 1/4 cup cold water and stir this into the cup of boiling water. Simmer 10 minutes over direct heat
4. Add the prune mixture and butter and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the lemon juice.
5. Pour into 6 individual serving dishes and chill until set. Cream or ice cream are favorite toppings for this pudding.