Pork Swedish Style
|Boned loin of pork||4 Pound, rind removed (2 kg)|
|Prunes||10 , stoned|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||60 Gram (3 tablespoons)|
|White wine||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 cups)|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||2 Tablespoon|
1. Put the prunes in a saucepan, cover with water and boil. Set aside for 30 minutes and then drain.
2. Sprinkle the cubed apple with lemon juice and mix with prunes.
3. Cut a slit down the length of the loin or make a pocket with a skewer in the loin. Season with salt and pepper and stuff with the prunes and apples. Fasten the slit together.
4. Tie the loin at 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) intervals so as to keep its shape.
5. Preheat the oven at 350ºF (180°C). Melt the butter in a casserole dish large enough for the pork and brown the pork on all sides.
6. Remove the fat from the casserole and pour over the wine and stir in the cream.
7. Cook in the center of the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the pork is tender.
8. Remove the pork and keep warm. On top of the stove reduce the wine and cream sauce in the casserole dish to about 1 cup, mix in the red currant jelly and stir until smooth. Serve.
Calories 844 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg72.4%
Sodium 202.5 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 66 g131.9%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet