Beef Stroganoff is a dish consisting of thin slices of beef that are pan-fried and cooked with a rich sour tasting sauce.
This beef recipe originally came from Russia and is sometimes called Beef Stroganov. Due to its popularity, it was adapted by different countries in which several variations sprouted.
This recipe variation that we have here uses wide egg noodles to accompany the dish. Although some methods require rice or bread, this style has been the most widely enjoyed especially in North America, Europe, and Asia.
1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced into thin strips
Wide egg noodles
1 Pound, cooked according to package instructions
Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 Cup (16 tbs)
5 Tablespoon, softened
All purpose flour
Ground black pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced
2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix well.
3. Heat a cooking pot or pan then melt-in the butter.
4. Pan fry the strips of beef for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Sauté onion and mushroom in remaining butter until the texture becomes soft.
6. Add-in the remaining flour and stir.
7. Put-in the pan-fried beef, the condensed cream of mushroom, and the beef broth. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Note: add water if necessary.
8. Put-in some salt and pepper to taste then stir-in the sour cream. Cook for 2 minutes more.
9. Arrange egg noodles on a serving plate then top with Beef Stroganoff.
10. Serve. Share and enjoy!
This video on Egg Noodles and beef stroganoff would probably be a treat for Filipinos who have been waiting to see this recipe in their own language. However, it would be restricted only to a few viewers and may not be useful for everyone.