In the Kitchen with Ken - Southern Golumpki
|For the pulled pork|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|For the golumpki|
|Collard green leaves||12 Medium, cut in half|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pulled pork||10 Pound (5 - 10 Lbs)|
|Sweet barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Vinegar sauce||To Taste|
To prepare the pulled pork:
1. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients, then rub generously on a 5 - 10 pound pork shoulder.
2. Place meat on smoker and slow cook for 12 hours at 250 degrees. (Use a smoker with a side box)
3. In a large pot of boiling water over medium heat, add the salt and crushed red pepper.
4. Cook the halved collard leaves until tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Once the collards are cooked, take the top portion of the leaf and place a handful of the pulled pork onto the leaf.
6. Add a little of your favorite vinegar-based sauce to the pork, fold in the sides and top to create a collard roll
7. Repeat until all of the rolls are complete.
8. Once the rolls are finished, pour some of the sweet barbecue sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish and add the rolls to the dish.
9. Brush the tops of the rolls with the sweet sauce and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 F. Baste every 10 - 15 minutes.
10. Serve warm right away.