|Rump steak/Fillet steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (75 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (120 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||10 Fluid Ounce (280 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Soured cream||1⁄2 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the meat into strips approximately 7.5 x 2.5cm/3-x 1-inch.
2. Melt 30g/1 oz of the butter in a large pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Remove the onion and add the meat a little at a time until it is sealed on all sides, remove the meat to a plate.
3. Add the rest of the butter and fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan.
4. Stir the flour into the pan juices, followed by the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, and stir continuously until smooth.
5. Return the steak, mushrooms and onion to the pan, add the seasoning and heat through thoroughly.
6. Transfer to a warm serving dish and gently stir in the soured cream, creating a marbled effect. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.