Leek and potato soup is a simple yet very tasty recipe that will keep you warm in the colder months! Just a few simple ingredients come together with a little salt and pepper for a very easy soup. You can use a myriad of things as garnish to add that little extra flavor and texture for your palate. Give this recipe a try and you won't go wrong.
2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (white and light green parts)
3 Medium, chunked
3 Tablespoon (Idaho or Yukon Gold)
Low sodium chicken stock/Vegetable stock
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Optional)
1. Place the leeks and potato in water, separately.
2. Heat a pot to medium heat and add the butter and olive oil.
3. When they are properly heated up, add in the leeks and sweat for a few minutes.
4. Season with salt to draw out moisture.
5. When the leeks become soft, add in the potatoes and stir to coat with the butter and oil.
6. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
7. Add the bay leaf and remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add as well. Followed by the white pepper.
8. When the soup comes to a boil, turn down to a gentle simmer and cover for approximately 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
9. Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup with an immersion blender.
10. Return to the heat and add the cream as well as the salt, to taste.
11. Garnish the soup with chive oil and serve.
You can use a regular blender and blend in batches, being careful because the soup is hot.
Is your meal incomplete without an appetizer? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Leslie demonstrates a step by step procedure to make her favorite Classic Leek and Potato Soup. Treat your family today to this European delight.