Lala Cooks - Leek & Potato Soup
|Leeks||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (white and light green parts)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, chunked|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (Idaho or Yukon Gold)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 Quart|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Place the leeks and potato in water, separately.
2. Heat a pot to medium heat and add the butter and olive oil.
3. When they are properly heated up, add in the leeks and sweat for a few minutes.
4. Season with salt to draw out moisture.
5. When the leeks become soft, add in the potatoes and stir to coat with the butter and oil.
6. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
7. Add the bay leaf and remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add as well. Followed by the white pepper.
8. When the soup comes to a boil, turn down to a gentle simmer and cover for approximately 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
9. Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup with an immersion blender.
10. Return to the heat and add the cream as well as the salt, to taste.
11. Garnish the soup with chive oil and serve.
You can use a regular blender and blend in batches, being careful because the soup is hot.
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.8 mg8.6%
Sodium 290.6 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet