Braised Swiss Steak
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Packaged Type)|
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
2. Trim fat from steak; wipe meat with damp cloth.
3. Sprinkle one side with half of crumb mixture; pound into steak, using rim of saucer. Repeat on other side.
4. Brush both sides with butter; place under broiler, turning once, until browned on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or heavy skillet with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients.
6. Add steak; simmer, covered, 2 hours, or until meat is tender.