Peach Swiss Roll
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (115 Gram Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce, sifted (75 Gram Or 3/4 Cup)|
|Boiling water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Peach jam||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Grease a 30 x 20 cm / 12 x 8 in Swiss roll tin and line with non-stick baking paper. Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Beat with a hand-held electric whisk until thick and mousselike. (When the whisk is lifted, a trail should remain on the surface of the mixture for at least 15 seconds.)
2. Carefully fold in the flour with a large metal spoon, then add the boiling water in the same way.
3. Spoon into the prepared tin, spread evenly to the edges and bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
4. Spread a sheet of greaseproof paper on a flat surface, sprinkle it with caster sugar, then invert the cake on top. Peel off the lining paper.
5. Neatly trim the edges of the cake. Make a neat cut two-thirds of the way through the cake, about 1 cm / 1/2 in from the short edge nearest you.
6. Spread the cake with the peach jam and roll up quickly from the partially cur end. Hold in position for a minute, making sure the join is underneath. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate with glace icing or dusr with icing sugar before serving.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 52.7 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet