Swedish Meat Balls
|Fresh bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Meat concentrate||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine bread cubes and milk and let stand.
2. Cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat until tender, but not browned.
3. Squeeze as much milk out of the bread as possible and place bread in a mixing bowl. Add the cooked onion, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and mustard. Blend thoroughly. Add chuck and mixed herbs and blend thoroughly with the hands until well mixed.
4. Shape meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
5. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat balls, a few at a time, on all sides. As meat balls are cooked, remove from skillet.
6. Cook garlic in meat drippings for 1 minute. , Add meat concentrate, tomato paste and
flour and stir well.
7. Stir in beef bouillon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
8. Lower heat and stir in sour cream. Heat but do not boil.
9. Return meat balls to pan and simmer over low heat until meat balls are well heated.
10. Serve with hot buttered noodles, if desired.