Apple Cranberry Crescent Cookies
|Chopped apples||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cholesterol free egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Quick rise active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|2% milk||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place apples and cranberries in food processor or blender; process with on/off pulses until finely chopped. Set aside.
3. Combine sour cream, egg substitute, margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Add yeast and vanilla. Add flour; stir to form ball. Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 10 minutes.
4. Divide dough into thirds. Roll one portion into 12-inch circle. Spread with 1/3 apple mixture (about 1/4 cup). Cut dough to make 8 wedges. Roll up each wedge, beginning at outside edge. Place on prepared cookie sheet; turn ends of cookies to form crescents. Repeat with remaining dough and apple mixture.
5. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Lightly brush cookies with milk; sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2137 Calories from Fat 621
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.7 mg14.2%
Sodium 249.6 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 327 g108.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.1%
Sugars 112.4 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 125.5%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 87.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet