Lemon Meringue Pie
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow coloring||4 Drop|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Baked low sodium pie shell of margarine pastry/Oil pastry low sodium meringue for 9 inch pie||1|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Stir together sugar, cornstarch, water, and food coloring in saucepan until smooth.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Continue to cook 1 minute, then remove from heat.
4. Add margarine, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
5. Pour into baked pie shell.
6. Spread Meringue on pie, sealing edges.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.