Dutch Green Beans
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
1. Wash beans. Remove ends from beans and cut in 1-inch pieces on a slant.
2. Cook, adding garlic, bay leaf, and onion to beans before cooking.
3. Drain beans, reserving cooking liquid. Discard bay leaf and garlic.
4. Combine cooking liquid, cloves, vinegar, sugar, butter, a dash of salt and a dash of pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove cloves.
5. Return cooked beans to saucepan and toss lightly. Serve piping hot.