1. Make and bake angel-food-cake mix in tube pan as package label directs. Cool cake; place on large cookie sheet.
2. Start heating oven to 350°F.
3. Meanwhile, make meringue: Beat egg whites with salt until frothy; then gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form when beater is raised. Spread on top and sides of cake, covering it completely.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges of meringue are tinged with brown. Transfer to pretty cake plate.
5. Serve, cut into wedges and dribbled with chocolate sauce.