The King Cole Smoked Duck w/ Belgian Endive recipe is a delicate choice for salad. Crisp endive spears are the backdrop to creamy herbed cheese and with a slight hint of smoke from the duck breast. For added flavour try using King Cole Peppercorn Smoked Duck Breast.
150 Gram (Garlic and Fine Herbs Spiced Fresh Soft cheese, such as Boursin )
Sherry vinegar/Red wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Medium, chopped
1 Medium, diced (Red or yellow )
Smoked duck breast
2 Medium, trimmed
2 Tablespoon (35% )
2 Teaspoon, chopped
2 Tablespoon, chopped
1) In a small bowl, combine cheese, basil and thyme.
2) Stir in cream until smooth; set aside.
3) Separate the endive leaves, trimming bottom to get more leaves and place on platter.
4) Spoon some of the cheese mixture on the ends of the endive leaves and set aside.
5) Heat a small skillet over medium high heat and cook duck breast for about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
6) Turn over and reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes to warm through.
7) Dice duck and place in bowl. Add tomato and green onions. Drizzle with oil, vinegar and salt; toss to coat.
8) Spoon onto cheese mixture in endive leaf and serve.
This video is a creation of legourmettv. You can visit legourmettv for complete recipes, and more videos.
If you want to go for a change with your regular dinner menu, you can try with duck. There are several delicious duck recipes, among which smoked duck is quite attractive. Serve it over belgian endive and make a sumptuous salad dish. Learn the detail tricks of smoking ducks from the experienced chef.