|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Chicken breasts||72 Ounce (6 Breasts, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep-Fat Frying)|
1. Cut butter or margarine into 12 equal-length sticks; chill in freezer while fixing the chicken, for butter should be very cold.
2. Pull skin from chicken breasts; halve breasts and cut meat in one piece from bones. Place each half, with boned-side up, between waxed paper and pound very thin with a mallet or a rolling pin to form a "cutlet." (Be careful not to pound holes in meat.)
3. Place 1 piece very cold butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon parsley on each cutlet; fold sides over to seal in butter, then roll up. Hold in place with wooden picks.
4. Beat eggs slightly in a pie plate; mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a second pie plate. Dip stuffed rolls in egg, then in crumb mixture to coat well. Chill at least an hour. (This much of the preparation can be done ahead.)
5. When ready to fry, melt enough vegetable shortening or pour in enough vegetable oil to make a 2-inch depth in an electric deep-fat fryer or large saucepan; heat pan to 350°.
6. Fry the rolls, 3 to 4 at a time and turning often, 7 minutes, or until tender and crisply golden. Lift out with slotted spoon and drain well. Keep warm until all the rolls are cooked.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7423 Calories from Fat 5168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 585 g899.6%
Saturated Fat 199.6 g997.8%
Trans Fat 54.5 g
Cholesterol 1969.7 mg656.6%
Sodium 3815.5 mg159%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 492 g984.5%
Vitamin A 115.3% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 109.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet