Spanish Chicken Rice (Arroz con Pollo)
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into parts (Seasoned)|
|Seasoning||1 Tablespoon (For Chicken)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Small diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Yellow Onions If Possible)|
|Small diced green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cuban Cooking Peppers If Possible)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken base||1 Tablespoon (May Substitute For 5 1/2 Cups Of Chicken Stock)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Heat the vegetable oil, brown the chicken on each side (your not cooking, just sealing the juices in). Take the chicken out of the pot and place in bowl.
2. Remove 1/2 of the cooking oil. Add onion,peppers,cumin,paprika,cilantro, capers and season with salt and pepper (don't be afraid), cook for 2 minutes cleaning the bottom of the pan with your spoon. Taste the mixture and make sure its a little salty, you are gonna add a lot of water.
3. Add the rice and mix well, make sure all the rice gets that pretty yellow color.
4. Add watter or stock enough to cover over 1/2 an inch over the rice, taste the water make sure it has good strong flavor, if not you may add more salt, pepper and cumin (try not to mix the rice after the watter is added).
Add the chicken and make sure the rice is covered with water, if you need to add more water or stock. Raise the temp to med hi.
5. When the rice soaks up all the water, lower the temperature to low, mix the rice and create a dome in the center on the pot, cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.