Appetizer Madrilene Cups
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Canned madrilene||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Radishes||6 Small, thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared and thinly sliced|
|Thin lime slices||6|
1. Soften gelatin in 1 cup of the water in small saucepan; add bouillon cube. Heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and cube are dissolved.
2. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup water and madrilene; chill 1 hour, or until syrupy.
3. Place six 6-ounce custard cups or molds in a shallow pan of ice and water. Spoon 1 tablespoon syrupy gelatin into each cup; let set until just beginning to be sticky-firm, then arrange a layer of sliced radishes, overlapping, in gelatin. Carefully spoon in 2 tablespoons more syrupy gelatin, and again let set until sticky-firm.
4. Repeat, making a layer of cucumber slices and 2 tablespoons syrupy gelatin, then one of carrot slices and 3 tablespoons syrupy gelatin for each. Remove from pan of ice and water; chill until firm.
5. Unmold onto serving dishes; garnish each with a twisted slice of lime.