Appetizer Madrilene Cups
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Canned madrilene||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Radishes||6 Small, thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared and thinly sliced|
|Thin lime slices||6|
1. Soften gelatin in 1 cup of the water in small saucepan; add bouillon cube. Heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and cube are dissolved.
2. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup water and madrilene; chill 1 hour, or until syrupy.
3. Place six 6-ounce custard cups or molds in a shallow pan of ice and water. Spoon 1 tablespoon syrupy gelatin into each cup; let set until just beginning to be sticky-firm, then arrange a layer of sliced radishes, overlapping, in gelatin. Carefully spoon in 2 tablespoons more syrupy gelatin, and again let set until sticky-firm.
4. Repeat, making a layer of cucumber slices and 2 tablespoons syrupy gelatin, then one of carrot slices and 3 tablespoons syrupy gelatin for each. Remove from pan of ice and water; chill until firm.
5. Unmold onto serving dishes; garnish each with a twisted slice of lime.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.58 g0.89%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2267.5 mg94.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 206.6% Vitamin C 96.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet