Dutch Oven Turkey
|Frozen boneless turkey roast||300 Gram (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Instant beef broth||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Remove turkey roast from foil package. Brown slowly in the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or electric skillet.
2. Stir in monosodium glutamate, seasoned salt and pepper, instant beef broth, onion and water. Bring to boiling; cover.
3. Simmer, turning meat once or twice, 2 hours, or until tender. Remove to a cutting board; keep warm while cooking vegetables and macaroni.
4. Pour liquid from Dutch oven into a 4-cup measure; drain liquid from green beans into same cup. Add water, if needed, to make 4 cups. Return to Dutch oven; bring to boiling.
5. Stir in the celery, macaroni and beans. Cook, stirring several times, for 10 minutes, or until macaroni and celery are tender and almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Spoon vegetables onto a heated, large, deep platter.
6. Carve turkey into 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange, overlapping, on top of vegetables. Sprinkle lightly with chopped parsley, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1427 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.5%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159 mg53%
Sodium 3841.3 mg160.1%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.7%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.3%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 90 g180.4%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet