|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Meringue Shells)|
|Instant coffee||1 Teaspoon (Powder / Crystals)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Filling)|
|Brandy extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||4 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Line two large cookie sheets with brown paper; draw twenty-four 1 1/2-inch rounds, 2 inches apart, on each paper.
2. Beat egg whites with lemon juice until foamy-white and double in volume with electric mixer at high speed in a small bowl. Beat in the 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks; beat in vanilla and instant coffee.
3. Attach a fancy tip to a pastry bag; fill bag with meringue. Starting at center of each circle on paper, press out meringue to form tiny shells. (If you do not have a pastry bag, spread 1 tablespoonful of meringue into each circle, building up edge slightly.)
4. Bake in very slow oven (250°) 1 hour, or until delicately golden. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes; loosen carefully from paper with a spatula; cool completely on wire racks. (If shells are made ahead, place in a single layer in a large, shallow pan and store in a cool, dry place.)
5. About an hour before serving, beat cream with the 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff in a medium-size bowl; stir in brandy extract and a few drops red food coloring to tint pink. Spoon about 2 teaspoonfuls into each meringue shell, swirling top to a peak. Chill until serving time.