|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Peach preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Measure flour, sugar and salt 591 into a sifter. Beat eggs until thick in a medium-size bowl; sift dry ingredients over; beat just until smooth. Stir in milk and the 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine. Chill batter at least 2 hours.
2. Heat a heavy, 8-inch skillet slowly; test temperature carefully by sprinkling in a few drops of water. When drops bounce about, temperature is right. Grease pan lightly with butter or margarine.
3. Pour batter, 1/4 cup at a time, into skillet, tilting to cover bottom completely. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes, or until top is set and underside is golden; turn; brown other side. Stack crepes with sheet of foil between each, until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly buttering the pan before each crepe. (Batter makes 8 crepes.)
4. Grate the rind from the orange; reserve. Squeeze and reserve juice from orange.
5. Combine the peach preserves, the honey, the remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and reserved orange rind and juice in same 8-inch skillet; heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles for 1 minute; reduce heat to low.
6. Place a crepe in sauce in pan; turn gently with tongs to coat both sides lightly. Fold crepe in half once, then in half again to form a quarter circle. Pick up with tongs, allowing excess sauce to drain off into pan; place crepe on heatproof serving platter; repeat with remaining crepes. Pour remaining sauce over crepes in serving platter; keep warm.
7. Warm brandy slowly in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around the edge. (Do not allow to boil.) Ignite carefully with a wooden match held at arm's length. Quickly pour over crepes, spooning sauce over crepes until flames die; serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1809 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.3%
Saturated Fat 32.2 g160.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 753.8 mg251.3%
Sodium 794.9 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 255 g85%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 167.5 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 195.8%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet