Savory Irish Soda Bread
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole green onions||5 , sliced thinly|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, green onions and rosemary.
3. With mixer on low, add egg and oil. Gradually add buttermilk and mix until blended.
4. Turn out onto a floured board and knead about 3 minutes, until smooth.
5. Shape the dough into 2 loaves approximately 3x6-inches (8x15-cm) and place far apart on an ungreased, floured baking sheet.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, until tester comes out clean.