Fiesta Chicken Kiev
|Whole chicken breasts||4 , halved, boned and skinned|
|Pasteurized process sharp cheddar cheese spread||3 Tablespoon|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Shredded lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 , diced|
|Chopped ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pound each raw chicken piece with a meat hammer to flatten.
2. Mix 3 tablespoons butter and cheese spread until well blended. Mix in onion, salt and chilies.
3. Divide mixture equally onto the 8 flattened chicken pieces, placing a portion at one end of each piece. Roll up, tucking in ends to completely enclose filling. Fasten rolls with wooden picks.
4. Melt remaining butter in a 2-quart glass baking dish in microwave oven (30 seconds at HIGH). Coat each roll with melted butter, then roll in a mixture of cheese cracker crumbs and taco seasoning mix.
5. Arrange rolls in the baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 10 to 12 minutes at HIGH; rotate dish one-half turn twice.
6. Serve chicken on a bed of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Top with chopped olives. If desired, serve with additional whole olives, tomato wedges and taco sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1863 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.6%
Saturated Fat 33.9 g169.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 511.7 mg170.6%
Sodium 6392.8 mg266.4%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 179 g357.7%
Vitamin A 186.4% Vitamin C 179.7%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet