Swiss Chip Pie
|Coarsely crushed potato chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, sliced|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned pepper||1 Dash|
|Grated natural swiss cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Combine crushed potato chips, curry powder, and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture; use rest to line 10-inch pie plate.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. In 2 tablespoons butter, in skillet, saute onions until just tender. Arrange in pie plate; top with tomato slices; sprinkle with seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, paprika, and grated cheese.
4. In bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk; then pour over cheese; sprinkle with reserved chip mixture.
5. Bake 40 minutes; let stand 5 minutes; then serve, cut into wedges.